Thursday, August 02, 2007

 

Full Metal Lunchbox

 
I'm going to bring this blog to a close now.  A month or two earlier than planned, but it seems like the right time to move on to new endeavors.





How do you like them apples?



Here's what I've learned over the past 2 1/2 years:


There's a lot more that I want to say, but can't.  That's kinda the point.





I thought that for my last post I'd do something big and amazing, like a retrospective or something.  But I'd rather just crawl into bed next to the air conditioner and read my funny paper.

Thanks to everyone who has stopped by to read (and comment on) what I've written.  Your support through my various misadventures has been much appreciated. 








A very small number of you have by now received your invitations to share in my next endeavor.  As for the rest of you, sorry but this is where you get off.





Comments:
Ding ding, I step off the bus with a smile and a wave. Good luck Josh.
 
I'm off the bus too, but it's been great reading. Best of luck in your future running endeavors.
 
A very small number of you have by now received your invitations to share in my next endeavor. As for the rest of you, sorry but this is where you get off.

Why the pointed exclusion? Rather rude, indicating some underlying bitterness, methinks.

It's usually easier to just end things without such unneccessary unpleasantness.
 
I'm sorry you were offended.  Certainly not my intention.

But I'm glad you made your comment, Hobie, because it's a good reminder of why I no longer desire a public blog.
 
I'm also finding blogging tiresome lately--which is pretty obvious.

I'll miss your posts--Even though I didn't comment much lately, I still "lurked".

I wish you the very best.


T
 
So sad! But best of luck to you.
 
*sniff sniff*...I feel like I just got to know ya...oh well. :(

Enjoy life, run well, run strong and most importantly run smart.
 
sooo sad.. Looking forward to the new blog. Thanks for your years of entertainment.
 
Good luck in the non-blog world. You learned a lot, so that's gotta be worth something, right?
 
I've appreciated the comments you've left on my blog, and enjoyed reading your posts. Blogging takes up a lot of time--my God, what are you going to do with all that spare time! Au revoir!
 
Ah, yes, meeting people on the internet...can be interesting can't it?

As for W, he doesn't run that fast (I beat his time! :)...I could say it was one thing I respected about him, till he went off on how bad running was and stopped doing it. First thing I said when I ran my 3:42:54, to my mom, I beat W's time...:)
 
After my hiatus, I just came back and read your farewell announcement and this final post.

Just wanted to let you know it was YOU who put a quiet little bee in my bonnet about attempting a marathon someday. You.

Best of luck to you, FML.
 
Wishing you a good life.
Appreciated your comments on other runner's blogs.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?