Thursday, August 02, 2007
Full Metal Lunchbox
I'm going to bring this blog to a close now. A month or two earlier than planned, but it seems like the right time to move on to new endeavors.
How do you like them apples?
Here's what I've learned over the past 2 1/2 years:
- Goofing off at work can indeed advance your career, provided you pretend to know what you're talking about (and it's safer than networking through cigarette breaks).
- It's possible to lose 27 pounds and keep it off for a long time. And then gain it back just for the hell of it.
- Even the lazy can train to run a marathon. But beating Oprah requires avoiding injury. Ice and stretching help.
- Invited to a wedding on the day of the big race? It's their fault.
- Too many college guys out there trying to look like Johnny Knoxville.
- Too many people desperately want to hack their Motorola e815 cellphone and have too much time on their hands. I was one of those people, but at least I could follow simple instructions.
- Pugs don't like Radiohead. They are a dog breed that bores easily.
- Denise restored my faith that you can meet amazing people on the Internet. Then she helped me lose and then gain back that faith again.
- Under Jay's influence I've bought entirely too much beer.
- Under Shea's influence I've run through too much potential injury.
- Wouldn't have it any other way.
- George W Bush is a warmongering cocksucker, but you've got to admit he runs a mighty fast marathon.
- I'm bored with blogging, but I have to admit that it has made my life seem a lot less boring.
There's a lot more that I want to say, but can't. That's kinda the point.
I thought that for my last post I'd do something big and amazing, like a retrospective or something. But I'd rather just crawl into bed next to the air conditioner and read my funny paper.
Thanks to everyone who has stopped by to read (and comment on) what I've written. Your support through my various misadventures has been much appreciated.
A very small number of you have by now received your invitations to share in my next endeavor. As for the rest of you, sorry but this is where you get off.