Sunday, June 03, 2007

 

United Run for the Zoo 5K

 
Ran my first official competitive 5K this morning.  (Lou Pinella got canceled and I was DNS at Minneapolis Police.  My time to beat this morning was based on unofficial competitive splits.)  Anyway, a 5K is a short race, so this report will be brief.

Thoughts During Race:  






Thoughts After Race:  Holy shit, I just took four minutes off my PR!



Official Time:  25:17







My previous PR had been 29:12.  This was my first good race this year.  My losing streak is finally over.

Now it's time to take my supportive girlfriend out for some dim sum and bloody marys.








Next event:  Great Midwest Relay






Comments:
That's fantastic! Congrats on the new PR...
BTW, I'm fully convinced that, at least at the 5k distance, the thoughts you had during the race are a good indication that you were running hard enough
 
Way to go, sweetie! You ROCK! I am so glad that you did so well today. I am so proud of you, baby. I love you! :)
 
WOWZA...nice PR!
 
congrats. I had a bloody mary this morning as well. I thought of you when drinking it!!!
 
Congrats on the great PR!
 
Nice job!
 
Congrats!

And no, I have not signed up for a 5K race yet. I wanna get through my program first, then try to stay steady for a little while. But that's my goal in the end!

Thanks for reading my blog though!
 
Way to gooo!!!! Gald that you are back!
 
In the words of Paris Hilton...

That's Hott.
 
Dead Sexy!
 
Congrats on shaving so much time off your PR!!!!
 
Great job!!! I think 5ks are so tough because it's all push-push-push and then it's over!!
 
What a time! Wow!!!!

Congratulations on your PR!!!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?