Thursday, February 22, 2007

 

First Outdoor Lakefront Run of the Year

 

Last night Jay and I ran along the lakefront.  It was my first time running by the lake this year and my first outdoor 5 miler since... well, a while.

Distance:  5 miles
Time:  46:05
Average Pace:  9:13/mile

We both ran a good pace, but I felt exhausted at the end.  I'm still a bit out of shape and I still have a ways to go if I want to beat my 8K PR at the Shamrock.





Last summer Jay and I met weekly for medium-distance runs, followed by dinner and drinks at Twisted Spoke.  It's a tradition I hope we can keep going again the rest of this year.. even though there are some big changes coming.  (Watch this space for future details.)

Two whiskeys and a buffalo chicken sandwich were all that it took for me to be passing out on the train.  I even slept through my stop and had to get off at the next one to take another train back!

Hopefully after a few more of these outdoor 5 milers I wont fall asleep so easily afterwards.




Comments:
Sounds like a great run. Looking at your map reminds me so much of running the marathon last year there. I'm so jealous you have that wonderful lakefront path to use anytime you want.
 
Great job on the five miles and I love the map.
 
Congrats on your run... The pace was great.. Have fun with training this year..
 
Great job on the run! At least one of us is getting their running in...and it ain't me.
 
That is a great pace! Running by a lake sounds like the coolest. WTG
 
Nice...I always used to fear potentially falling asleep on the bus going home...now I don't even have the option of the bus after a couple of drinks. Stupid Twin Cities with it's lack of public transportation to the burbs (and I'm in a first tier suburb!!)
 
Let Danielle's experience be a lesson to us all:

Don't move to the suburbs ever.
 
Oh come on!! The suburbs are not too bad!
 
Chicago has around 300 suburbs.  All but maybe six of them are terrible.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?