Wednesday, February 07, 2007

 

Back to Business

 
If my blog posts these past few weeks have been any indicator, I've surely lost focus on my running and have instead allowed myself to become distracted.  I suppose that happens to a lot of us in January/February (the evil months) but now I feel like I've gone too far off course.  If it doesn't look like I've been running much lately, it's because I haven't.

It's time to get back to business.

So for me, as you dear readers are my witness, between now and the Shamrock Shuffle there shall be:






No more sports.

(Football is over, college sports don't count, and baseball is an ice age away.)













No more of my leftist political rants.

(Four more years!)












No more complaining about my job or the people I work with or our top-secret mission.

(My work friends are all quitting or getting fired anyway.)











No more drinking.


Ha, ha!  Just kidding!  Of course there'll be drinking, but only after...











Daily workouts!

That's every single day, without exception, between now and my first official race of the season.










That's right, folks, I'm going to engage in some form of exercise every single day for the next 45 days.  If I'm tired or injured or busy on any given day, then I'll at least take a nice walk or do something to keep my muscles loose.  But on most days I plan to either go to the gym (which for chrissakes is only three blocks from me) or run outside (as soon as the mercury crosses my tolerance threshhold of 25°F).

I've allowed myself to get distracted.  It's time to get back to business.




Comments:
Sweetie, I will help keep you in line. I will bring to whip to keep in shape. **big grin** :D
 
You know, between you and Shea, you are hogging all the available exercise in the world! That's why I only exercise on a monthly basis. Yeah, that's the ticket.
 
45 straight days e gad man are you drunk! Good luck see you at the shuffle
 
sports, politics, and top-secret missions - those were all distractions from running? I thought it was the weather. You need to time your runs in between your drinking. If you start drinking during happy hour, then you fall asleep by a reasonable hour, get up at a decent hour to get your exercise in for the day, accomplish all meaningful tasks during the day, and then repeat the entire process again at happy hour. :)
 
All right, I am supportive of this exercise business...but no more leftist political rants? Man, that ain't cool. I really have a problem with that.

And if you quit posting pug pictures, I am so out of here.
 
Here.
 
WOW...45 straight days of exercise. You're a monster. :)
 
You need to keep everything in moderation.... Keep drinking, but don't binge!! Can't wait to go running with you on the lakefront once it hits my threshhold... JP
 
welcome back!

"gabba gabba we accept you we accept you, one of us!"
-Freaks
 
I'm with you. I'm willing to cut out quite a lot in my life, but beer is NOT one of them. I've developed quite a taste for it recently.

45 days of training and no rest? No that's dedication and/or madness!
 
Can I join? I've been slacking as well but I'm willing to go for 60 days! I have a wedding dress to fit into!
 
college sports don't count?

COLLEGE SPORTS DON'T COUNT!?!?!!?!?

THAT'S IT. WE'RE BREAKIN' UP. O-V-E-R.

And Phog is miffed, too. That's his namesake you're slamming.
 
Phog is named after college sports?
 
I hear you about the distractions. Jan. and Feb. truly are evil months. If the temps would just creep up a little bit I'd be so much more inclined to get outside.

Good luck with your goal, 45 straight days, wow.
 
Yes. Phog.

Phog Allen was an old Kansas Basketball Coach.

Our basketball arena is called Phog Allen Fieldhouse.

There is a sign inside that reads "BEWARE OF THE PHOG."

And I suggest you beware...he's a fiesty lil' guy...

...saying college sports don't matter is like saying he doesn't matter...and he doesn't take too kindly to such antics.

But I suppose he'll forgive you...perhaps only in an attempt to tap sadie.
 
Great blog! I enjoyed the Bush videos...even though I am Dubbya fan! haha

Good luck on your 45 days of workouts! You are serious!
 
Thanks to everyone for their support.  And also special thanks to Phog the Dog for his forgiveness.  (Go Jayhawks!)

I've worked out four days in a row, including two runs outside in near-zero conditions.  My muscles are tired, but I'll keep alternating my routine to stay fresh.

Today Denise is coming to visit, and the exercise I have planned is very light; something along the lines of a 2-3 mile walk.  Tomorrow while she's taking her police exam I'll return to the gym.

I'm going to keep this daily exercise routine going until one of the following:

* the Shamrock Shuffle
* my legs give out
* someone gives me a real job

whichever comes first.

Keep on running everybody!
 
TAP SADIE! excuuuuuuuuse me, barb?! I didn't realize Phog has another white bitch in his life...
 
Good luck working for the Shuffle.
$5 days in a row-that's impressive
 
This time of winter is so blah for running. But if the gym is close, well, anything is possible!
 
Phog will not be tapping anything until he loses some more weight.

Honestly, I beg to differ on the whole college sports don't count. They don't do it for money like in the pro's. Like the espn commercial "never graduate"
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?