Monday, February 19, 2007

 

At Work on First Day Back on Weight Watchers

 

my emergency snack food
As my readers in the IT field know well, weekend migration projects are the worst time to be dieting.  So, of course, this past weekend's OPEX implementation was where I spent my first two full days back on Weight Watchers.

Everywhere around me I was surrounded either by junk food or people talking about junk food.  Finally I couldn't take it anymore so I ran to 7-11 and picked up the healthiest snacks I could find: Danon "Light 'n Fit" yogurt, mixed veggies, fruit cup, and a big can of Arizona Diet Green Tea.

These snacks really helped, and by the time we ordered lunch I was able to make the right choices because I wasn't panicy hungry.

Sunday at work was also similarly successful, and now it's Monday and I'm at home and not at all tempted by junk food.  I think I might be over my first dieting hump.

See you all at the other end of 19 pounds.




Comments:
Baby, I am SO proud of you. Now I need to get rid of the extra 4 lb of fluid in my legs so I get over that damn diet hump.
 
let's start a diet bet... we should create some type of formula where it is not only who looses the most, but who also keeps it off the longest... Sometimes keeping it off is harder then taking it off..
 
You hit it on the head with the "panicky hungry" bit. I'm afraid that happens to me all too often. It's a good thing to be mindful of so you don't fall into the trap.

Good luck with the 19!
 
WTG on planning what to snack on in a tough situation!
 
Panicy hungry? Do you mean hypoglycemic? If that's the case, you might wanna consider cutting starches and sugars to wean yourself from that. I'm so happy now that I actually just get hungry and not irritable and panicy feeling. Check out a book called "The Detox Solution" it contains a lot of good nutritional info.
 
Jeanne:  Let's bet one Lean Cuisine frozen dinner.
 
I always keep a lot of healthy things at my desk to snack on when I need it. Kashi cereal and granola bars, 100 calorie bags of light popcorn (which is a great snack right before a run after work), dried fruit, canned fruit, soy nuts and other handy easy to snack on things like that.

Saw your comment about the Garmin too. I always set mine out on my balcony while I'm getting dressed so it gets signal, for whatever reason last week it just was having issues and unfortunately when at work there isn't a place I can set it to get a signal while I'm dressing...but oh well.
 
Very smart preventive acting :). I wish I could summon myself to similar ingenuity. Right now I am "panicky hungry."
 
Good luck with the diet, I hate diets mostly because I have little to no willpower. Thus I exercise, eat like crap and always weigh the same. If I could only eat properly.....but alas.
 
Good luck w/ WW.
 
Since new blogger doesn't include e-mail addresses to respond, I'll reply here to your questions...I'm semi on a diet...I want to lose about 5 pounds (depending on the day), I'd like to be at 125 for racing season, less weight and all that. I had hoped to be there by St. Patrick's day, but I have set backs (such as all the graham crackers with frosting I ate last night) that keep me right where I'm at unfortunately.

Actually if you make pizza yourself, it can be quite healthy. Wheat crust, low fat cheese, lots of veggies...I always include it in my diet (either that or I cut calories so I can have it!). The crust is a great source of carbs!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?