Saturday, February 24, 2007

 

Fueled by Wild Turkey

 

8 Ball, Corner Pocket
Originally uploaded by electrojosh.
It's 8AM on a Saturday morning and I should still be asleep.  But about an hour ago my two gassy pugs woke me up demanding outside time.  And I was too hungover to sleep anyway.

Last night I hung out at Konak with Jim.  Fueled by Wild Turkey I had a massive pool winning streak, assisted by my able doubles partners Axel and Artirez.

Now I'm hungover and contemplating what has to be done today:

1) Get back on my diet that I briefly went off last night by drinking to celebrate the 3 pounds I lost by not drinking so much.

2) Drink water and go back to bed.

3) Convince Sadie and Holly to stop farting so I can get some sleep.

4) Clean up my disaster of an apartment so Denise isn't scared away tomorrow.

5) Go running.

6) Lie around and watch TV.

Am I forgetting anything?

And what about you, gentle reader?  Are you forgetting something?  Have you signed up for the Shamrock Shuffle yet?  I'm having a party afterwards for anyone who runs or walks it.

Only 28 days to go!  See you at the starting line, everybody!




--
UPDATE:  I just saw that the Shamrock Shuffle has sold out.  Leave a comment if you signed up and will be there.




Comments:
There are many hours in a day. There's no harm in getting a little more sleep before you tackle the apartment, and then go on a nice easy run.

Have a nice day, whatever you decide.
 
Sorry about the hangover, I hate hangovers. I will be at the shuffle with the entire family in tow. I hope to pop in for my enigma, depends on the family plans though.
 
Kathleen and I will be there - I'll be near the end of my taper for the Clinton Lake Ultra, but we'll both be doing the Shuffle...
 
I hope you are resting right now. Don't worry about the mess. It should not be SO bad.
 
Don't you just love a farty pug(s)? Sometimes I don't know if its phog or barb! Lets get drunk!
 
The joys of the pugs but they are so cute that you just have to forgive them.
See you at the shuffle.
 
Ouch. Wild Turkey. That shit can be brutal!!!

And for the record...Mike likes to fart and pass it off as Phog. Ignore his previous comment.

By the way, the fuck macy's shirts you and your mum have...AWESOME. I'm jealous. :D

But yes...this dynamic duo will be running the shuffle...it'll be a merry ole time!
 
You are brave to be drinking Wild Turkey:-P

Shamrock Shuffle is too far from Jersey, but I would love to run in Chicago some day! I'll try to find a St. Patty's Day race, though.

GL getting it all done.
 
Drats! I wish I lived closer, as I would love to do the Shuffle. As for today, I vote for lying on the couch and taking it easy. See if you can bribe the fart machines for clear air.
 
Ah yes...isn't it fun to celebrate weight loss by drinking? I went on a total bender this weekend so everything is way off...now I need to get back on for eating and exercise...but we have to do it sometimes right? Hangovers are cured by more alcohol!!
 
The Shamrock Shuffle has not sold out in New Mexico :).

It took me a second or two to figure out that Wild Turkey was alcohol and not protein.

Okay. So fruit helps - the Chinese recoomend tangerine and strawberry. The Italiens have Pasta Carbonara. In Romania they say pickles are good. (I have some experience with hangovers. I just drink a ton of water, mostly)

But then... you are over it, by now.
 
I have volunteered to stuff envelopes for the shamrock shuffle.. Be nice to me and perhaps you can bribe me with the winning chip!! JK
 
GD! Early bird gets the worm on the shuffle. I missed out I suppose! **Sigh** Oh well!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?