Sunday, January 21, 2007

 

Bears and Colts Triumph

 
Today was a good day to watch some football.  Especially if you love the Bears and hate the Patriots.

Watched the Bears-Saints game with Jay and Brian and Brian's three cats and some lame dude who only drank Orange Crush.  Jay and I drank very heavily during this game, hoisting our glasses every time either team achieved a first down.

I don't have any pictures from Brian's house because I was too busy drinking and screaming at the television to record the moment for posterity.  Suffice it to day that the Bears won, I got drunk (and still am), and I no longer have easy use of my speaking voice.

By the way (I'm still a little drunk here) TO ALL THE STUPID TV TALKING HEADS WHO SAID THE SAINTS WOULD BEAT THE BEARS TODAY, HA HA YOU SUCK.

After the NFC game was over I headed to Cans to catch up with Jason & Leah and watch the AFC championship between the New England Douche Bags and the Indianapolis Colts.

Leah & Jason after 9 hours at the bar. Leah says "You gotta give me credit!"

When I left Cans with only 4 minutes left in the fourth quarter things didn't look good for the Colts, and I wanted to beat the rush for a cab.  But on my way home I found out the Colts ended up pulling it off with a dramatic win.

Thank goodness!  Now there is much less risk of me overhearing people singing the Superbowl Shuffle.

LET'S HEAR IT FOR THOSE BEARS!

(and for those beers.. as in all the beers I've had tonight)




Comments:
Oh WOW! You guys look like you are having LOTS of fun. I am so jealous and wish I was there. I am not going to say anything about the game so I do not jinx it.
 
Yea it seems like a great day for all my Chicago friends, enjoy it, revel in it, as for the superbowl shuffle. May it never be heard again. I think even the 85 Bears ended up being ashamed of that thing.
 
Well, it was the first rap song most white people ever heard, so at the time it wasn't all bad.

It's just that I was getting tired of all the TV commentators hinting at "another Superbowl Shuffle" if the Bears faced the Patriots in the Superbowl.

So, it's a good thing the Patriots were sent back where they belong: obscurity.
 
Yeah Bears and colts but mostly Bears
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?