Wednesday, January 24, 2007

 

Lou Pinella 5K

 
Last night Jay and I did a test measure of the Lou Pinella 5K.  The temperature was a glorious 25°F but it was still a good night to run through the residential and industrial sites of Bridgeport.

Distance:  3.1 miles (5K)
Time:  29:04

I met my goal of coming in under 30 minutes, but I was pretty winded from the effort.  I'm going to have to do a lot better in the next 60 days if I want to beat my 8K PR at the Shamrock.





So, my intrepid runners, are you ready to participate in Chicago's most unusual short-distance running event?

The Lou Pinella 5K will take place on Saturday March 3 at 10AM.  This will be a self-timed, unorganized race.  Participants can look forward to:

Think about it.  Then think again, because you'd really be nuts to do this.




Comments:
Sounds like fun and dude send me the plans to your time machine!
 
Oh I wish I could be there. I won't be in Chicago until the weekend of the Shamrock Shuffle. Sorry! Great pace!!
 
Nuts I think is right. See you at the Shuffle
 
Bears.
 
Great time! GL in the Lou Pinella 5k, sounds interesting...!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?