Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Lou Pinella 5K
Last night Jay and I did a test measure of the Lou Pinella 5K. The temperature was a glorious 25°F but it was still a good night to run through the residential and industrial sites of Bridgeport.
Distance: 3.1 miles (5K)
I met my goal of coming in under 30 minutes, but I was pretty winded from the effort. I'm going to have to do a lot better in the next 60 days if I want to beat my 8K PR at the Shamrock.
So, my intrepid runners, are you ready to participate in Chicago's most unusual short-distance running event?
The Lou Pinella 5K will take place on Saturday March 3 at 10AM. This will be a self-timed, unorganized race. Participants can look forward to:
- SEE some of Chicago's ugliest scenery!
- HEAR the sounds of cars being crushed at the big metal scrapyard!
- SMELL cupcakes being made at the Best Foods factory, located near mile 2!
- FEEL your lungs ache as you wonder why you are running in winter!
- TASTE the craft beer and yummy tacos at the finish line!
Think about it. Then think again, because you'd really be nuts to do this.
Oh I wish I could be there. I won't be in Chicago until the weekend of the Shamrock Shuffle. Sorry! Great pace!!Post a Comment