Tuesday, December 26, 2006

 

Beta Blogger Sucks

 

As you can see, I have relocated my blog off of my website and over to Blogspot.  This sudden move was a desperate necessity.

As many of you fellow bloggers may be aware, Beta Blogger sucks ass.  In my case it will no longer allow me to publish my blog to my website due to FTP related issues.

The following paragraph contains boring technical information:

My problem is that my ISP uses vDeck for host management. So do a lot of other providers. The old Blogger was able to FTP to vDeck servers just fine, but the new crappy Blogger cannot. There are thousands of us out there with the same problem and Blogger doesn't seem to care -- it's not even listed officially as a known issue. Now Blogger employees have gone away on Christmas vacation and my hosting provider Startlogic is no longer picking up their phone. I did manage to LiveChat with some dude in India who misspelled the word "password." Kinda depressed about this.  My problem is that my ISP uses vDeck for host management. So do a lot of other providers. The old Blogger was able to FTP to vDeck servers just fine, but the new crappy Blogger cannot.



Neither Blogger, my hosting provider, nor vDeck have been of any help.  The hell with it.

So it looks like my blog will be in this location from now on.  Regular readers will need to fix their bookmarks and RSS/Atom/XML/FeedBurner subscriptions may not work.  Sorry.  Please be patient while I update my blog to function in this new environment.

By the way, the new telephone I purchased at Costco in the previous post is already on the fritz and will have to be returned to the store.

 very frustrated

My faith in technology these days is not so good.

Labels:





Comments:
I am SO sorry about the God damn problems are you having. I hope you get them fixed quickly. :(
 
BTW, mister, you need to seriously replace that picture you have for me with this one.....PLUHHHHH-LEEEZE!
 
:-P Boo that (all of that).

Where did you get the "frustrated" icon? I want one.
 
Uhmm...bloody mary?

LOVE IT.

That's all. Please...carry on, carry on....
 
Indeed. I do not like it on a plane, on a train or with the Queen of Spain. I do not like Beta Blogger, even if I can play Frogger.

I just want my "blog this" button to work from my Google Toolbar, even if it doesn't help my poetry.
 
Beta Blogger Sucks

join the revolution

http://betabloggersucks.blogspot.com/
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?