Tuesday, November 28, 2006

 

Staying Up Late

 
Did anyone else have trouble sleeping last night?

I've heard from several people last night who were up too late, too early, or both.  One person I know decided to combine alcohol and housecleaning.  Another went to bed right after finishing work at 7PM, only to awaken at 2:30 in the morning thinking "Now what?"






In my case it was a combination of circumstances.  First I procrastinated my nap, causing me to sleep until late in the evening.  Then, upon returning from my procrastinated workout, drank a bottle of Monk's Flemish Sour Red Ale.  I haven't had this beer in a while and, in addition to it being tasteless cheap swill, it caused an allergic reaction that kept me dehydrated and staring at the ceiling last night.  Some beers do that to me, but I never know which ones until I try them.

So I was up late last night and up early this morning.  Oh, well.

At least I made use of the extra time this morning and rode my bike to work.  (I need the exercise, and it usually only takes me 10 minutes longer to bike to work than to take the train.  But I'm generally running late or too lazy.)  It was nice seeing the city's giant Christmas tree in Daley plaza before sunrise without any people around.


Lessons learned:

1.  Don't drink cheap Belgian ale.  Spring for the good stuff.
2.  4PM is too late in the day to nap, no matter what your schedule.
3.  Alcohol + housework?  Sure, why not!  (Dedicated to DH.)
4.  Working too much?  Staying up late is the cure.  (Dedicated to LF.)




Tonight I'm on the midnight shift again, as my regularly scheduled 3rd shift co-worker again will be disappearing for mysterious reasons.  So anyone who can't sleep tonight can call me after 11:30PM.




Comments:
ROFL!!! Josh, I would like to say that I was drinking the booze AFTER housecleaning....not both. That would be TOO dangerous....and hazardous for the furry felines and my neighbors. LOL!

P.S. I forgot to tell you this morning that I had the room spinning too when I went to bed. Whhhhhooooa!
 
4pm is too late to nap? Really? I think differently after teaching all day. :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?