Wednesday, November 15, 2006

 

Misc. Photos

 
The housewarming party was a big success.  Thanks for everyone who stopped by!

I don't have any pictures from the big party, yet.  But I felt like posting some kind of photos to my blog, so here are some random snapshots.






 



Here's one more marathon photo.

(Cue corny music)
I'll cherish the memories forever.















  new leather chair













  leaving my messy bedroom behind for an evening out













  Sadie relaxing in a basket of warm laundry...













  ...and with the morning newspaper.












Appologies to all my RBF friends reading this blog, but I still don't have any running-related news to report.  I've only run once since the Chicago Marathon, and Tecumseh is looming dangerously closer.  I'm so under-prepared that it's kinda funny.

At least I worked the midnight shift last night, so I'll have all day to procrastinate before I eventually get around to jogging over to the gym.  I don't have the best workout discipline, but it helps that my new gym is directly across the street from the Hopleaf.

--

P.S. I almost forgot to mention that I do have one bit of running news.

On Sunday evening, just as I was feeling depressed after the departure of my out of town guests, I got a phone call from none other than Running Jayhawk inviting me to join her team for next year's Great Midwestern Relay.  I'm flattered to be invited along, even though this team doesn't have a name yet.  The map makes this particular race look daunting at first glance, but unlike Tecumseh:




In fact, looking at my evolving calendar for the coming year, every race I've signed up for so far is going to involve alcohol--and that includes next year's Chicago Marathon.  Hmmm...  I guess it's good that my new gym is across from the Hopleaf.  Cross training!!!




Comments:
*hugs*

I'm still mad we had to miss the housewarming shindig.

Stupid, stupid kitchen.
 
1. Nice new chair....but kringe of the thought of two cats with sharp back claws....eeeeek!
 
(damn it - hit enter before finishing comment)

2. Look nice in the "going out" pic.

3. Sadie reminds me of Pumpkin with any laundry - clean or dirty.

4. As for the upcoming race, you should be okay, you have Chicago behind you with a good base....I think.

5. I find it ironic that your gym is near a bar.

6. To answer your question that you posted on my blog, I work from 3 PM to 11 PM (2nd shift), which allows me to stay up on most nights and sleep in sometimes, but SUCKS on long run days. UGH!
 
Jayhawk:  Thank God it will be over soon.  You guys should have me over when the construction is finished and I'll make sangria in your new kitchen.

Firefly:  It's good to know another freaky night worker like myself.  As for the leather chair, it completes my transformation from a cat person to a pug person.
 
I love how you put 'procrastination' in your TO DO list.
 
Sangria...

did somebody say SANGRIA?
 
Si!
 
I ditto on that one, Barb. Save some of the sangria for me too.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?