Wednesday, October 04, 2006

 
 
Hi, everybody!  Just a quick update to let you know that I'm still alive and happy and walking with less of a limp each day.

Sorry I haven't updated my blog very often lately.  I'm still working a lot of overtime and haven't done anything all that interesting of late.  My apartment is still messy, but I'm gradually unpacking and organizing.  I bought a big bottle of Kettle One at Costco, so now I definitely have to finish setting up my bachelor pad so I can have you all over for a drink.

[Advertisement:  Readers of this blog may redeem this post for one free shot of Kettle One at Josh's place.  If you can find it.  And if Josh is home.  (Offer void in the NW suburbs and where prohibited by your inhibitions.)]

By the way, many people have asked me lately if I'm still planning on running in the marathon.  The answer is YES.

You can cheer me on by registering at The Runner Update Network to get text message alerts to your phone tracking my progress.

The next few weeks will be busy, so I don't know how much time I'll have to blog post.  But please know that I am thinking of every single one of you.

Yes, even you.  Yes you, the one sitting at their computer right now.  Even you.




Comments:
Lets get drunk!
 
Aww...you're thinking about me!? That's so sweet.

My limp is slowly getting better, too. You'll be back up and bopping around in no time.

Yes, I'll see you at the race...or you'll see Mike and me sneaking into your place to steal all that Vodka. :D

Thanks for posting about the Runner Update Network. I forgot they have that feature!
 
Mike & Barb,

You two deserve as much beer and vodka as I can procure.

By the way, if either of you two finish around the same time I do, my friend Jay will be waiting for me at the finish line with malt liquor.  There should be enough to share.
 
Nice link, maybe I can carry my phone and text myself during the race. Who needs a watch.
 
Thanks for the offer! And glad to hear you are still running.
 
Ah...it's a problem to track your progress if I don't know your LAST name. mmmmmmmmmm.
 
Aw, I'm cashing in my drink. Do I have to bring a printout of the blog post, or can I just come by?
 
Bob - I'm tempted to carry my phone during the race just so I can say if someone calls me, "Sorry, can't talk. Running the marathon."

Firefly - Nathan

Nicole - I'll save you some of my malt liquor at the finish line.

Karnerblue - My liquor cabinet is always open for you 24/7.  As a special preferred(tm) friend you don't require a coupon.
 
Good luck with the marathon!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?