Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 

Birthday Post Marathon



Shea and I lying around, two days after the marathon.  Note the sleeping doggie at the end of the mattress.  Surfing the Internet is about all we can do without discomfort.  Fortunately we have Shea's lovely wife Kathleen to run to Sun Wah for some Hong Kong roast pork and pei par duck.

This will be my most relaxing birthday ever.

Agenda for the rest of the day...

noonish:  More South Park on the TV while we eat Chinese roasted meat and down spicy ginger ale

later:  Trip to Linens & Things to buy a kitchen table and chairs.  Or maybe just a nap.

later:  Nap time!

5:30PM:  Friends over for beer, etc.

6:30PM:  Dinner at Tank Noodle with special birthday beer from Jay.

8:00PM:  Drinks at Uptown Lounge  Stop by and say hello if you are in the area.  The DJ will likely be spinning retro 80's music tonight, but please don't let that frighten you.

Shea & Kathleen return to Champaign tomorrow.  But I still have another day off.  So I'll be lonely, but well-rested.

I return to work on Thursday.  Hopefully I'll be able to go up and down stairs by then.




Comments:
Happy Birthday old man... This blog posting definitely shows your age. Have fun tonight.
 
Happy Birthday, Josh...again! Have fun with celebrating..and recovering.
 
how is your bday party going? I wish I was there!
 
You should have called in sick this week, Jeanne!
 
I should have, we can continue the celebration next week. Are you hung over today? Did you get wasted beyond belief. I think chances are high if Jay was there!! Sorry I missed.
 
Not so hungover, just tired.  We had a great turnout and ended up staying later than planned.

I'll have to have another birthday next week so you can party with us.

How's Memphis this week?
 
Yay you! Very impressive. But the fact that marathonig is followed by beer means that I will never, eevr participate in one. :-)

--Yana (who can't post because your blog isn't the shiny new beta type)
 
Yana,

1) Consider exercise walking.  Sport walkers don't tend to consume beer and it's great exercise.

2) No one is using BloggerBeta, yet.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?