Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

Progress

 
My knee is still weak, but relatively free of pain.  I've started to run again and am slowly adding distance:

Thursday:  1 block
Sunday:  3/4 mile
Monday:  2 miles

Last night was my first real distance run in several weeks.  Here is the route I took.  I averaged around 12:30/mile, but the slow pace probably saved my recovering knees from ceratin agony.

I'm going to take a break for a couple of days and maybe try running even further later this week.  Hopefully my physical therapist wont get mad at me.



--
Personal note:  The entire JPMC CIS Production Support team welcomes our co-worker Jay back from the "Time Out" cubicle at 300 S Riverside.  Jay is back on the production floor with his pride intact and his taste for high-alcohol beer as always unquenched.  Welcome back, Jay!




Comments:
That's my kind of pace. :D
 
Nice job! As a PT I think we kind of expect runners not to listen to us but just be mindful of your pain.
 
Nice!! I don't think the PT will get too mad, but just give a nice lecture.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?