Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

Photos.... and a Cautionary Tale

 
It's been a while since I've posted any pictures to my blog, so here are a few random snapshots:




Sergio, me, Brian, Jay, and Jose at Twisted Spoke during the Cubs game we were supposed to be attending.  Our customer at work sold us some bad tickets, so we had to content ourselves with hearing the Cubs lose from various bars around Wrigleyville.

Hey, at least the food and alcohol was better than at the ballpark.












Mom and I protesting outside Marshall Fields



















Jay enjoys a last stogie before departing Hopleaf for the long bike ride home.












The Peterson sisters Chris & Jeanne











Raymond enjoys Hennessey while Jay enjoys beef.

















Here is a snapshot of my old studio apartment.  I now live in a larger space on the same floor of the same building, but I don't have any photos yet because I'm still unpacking.












pancake flight












Darryn and Alyx










Shea gets traced by Patrick for some new body art.

I'll be visiting the same shop in a couple of months to get my next tattoo.  (Interestingly, Patrick once studied under the Reverend Mad Jack, the same tattoo artist who did my current tattoo.  Small world!)














A Cautionary Tale for Runners:



By the way, a word of caution to all you runners out there:  stretch your IT band!  

Even if you don't suffer from IT Band Syndrome (or experience any other kind of muscle pain), stretching this important muscle in each leg is crucial.  If you don't, and if you end up in physical therapy for an unrelated injury like I did, you may find that you will have your neglected IT band stretched for you, as I did yesterday.  This was one of the most physically painful experiences of my life, and not one I would recommend.

My blood is now flowing with the toxins released from my stiff legs and 22 hours after my session I still feel like crap.

I'm going out to buy one of those foam rollers.




Comments:
Awesome protest. I am not happy with the name change. I want them to bring Dayton's back to MN...damn it!

I hope you chewed out the customer who sold you the tickets.

OMG! Your apartment looks SO cramped. Thank GOD you got a bigger one now.

Was that CORN on one of the stacks of pancakes I saw??

I am GOOD girl about my IT band. It also helps too to get new shoes as well.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?