Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 

Patellar Tendonitis

 
I haven't posted to this blog for a few days because I've been hoping my next post would be positive.  Unfortunately, my knee is still messed up, and I suspect it is patellar tendonitis ("Jumper's Knee").  I'll be seeing my doctor tomorrow.

I have not run in a week and a half and it's not looking like I'll be able to do my long run this coming weekend either.  I might attempt a few miles in a few days, if my doctor says it's OK.

I'm icing regularly, stretching, and riding my bike.  I even bought a "cho" strap.

I still intend to run the Chicago Marathon, even if I have to limp my way through it.  But unless I recover soon it is unlikely I will meet my goal of beating Oprah's time.





Comments:
So sorry! I hope you feel better soon.
 
Ask for PT - and once there get iontophoresis done. It might save you but you do need to Rest. Stay positive there is time. Also, do cross friction massage over your patellar tendon - it works!
 
Oh dear. I hope your knee heals soon, so you can run Be kind to it, OK?

What the hell is a cho strap? (or do i not qwant to know?) I have this vision of Margaret Cho laughing manaically and swinging a scary looking strap around her head. Somehow I suspect that's not what a cho strap is though.
 
ouch - heal fast! I'd also reccomend anti-inflammatories (if you're wanting to avoid NSAIDs, I've had really good luck with Tissue Rejuvenator from Hammer Nutrition.

Actually, karnerblue, you nailed it perfectly - a cho strap is used when you're recovering from a running injury...you start running slowly, and Margaret Cho chases after you, threatening to beat you with the strap unless you run faster...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?