Friday, September 01, 2006

 

Good Move, Bad Knee, Go Cubs

 

My life is chock full of good, bad, and ugly, as usual.

the good:  I finaly got the go-ahead to move into a larger space, where I will at last have enough room for all my things.  Apartment 306 is only about 20 feet away from my current hole-in-the-wall, so moving will be a snap.  Get ready for a kick ass housewarming party.

the bad:  Looks like I screwed up my knee last Sunday even more than I thought.  I tried running on it on Wednesday but was forced to limp home after just two miles.  It's getting a little better each day, but for now I'm still off the path and might even have to miss my 16 miler this weekend.  My Doctor, NovaCare, and all the other atheletic fixit shops in town are all booked up this week, so for now I just have to keep waiting to see how soon I heal.  I am an unhappy runner.

the ugly:  I'll be sitting in the upper deck at Wrigley this Saturday to watch the Cubs-Giants game with the usual assortments of misfits (my friends).  We have very ambitious plans for the day.  Could be my heaviest day of drinking this summer season.  Wish me luck.




Comments:
I am first!! Woooohoo!

ICE, ICE, ICE, ICE!! Ice is YOUR FRIEND!!

I am glad that you FINALLY got a bigger place. It makes a TON of difference.
 
yikes...mike is having knee issues, too.

there really isn't a bad seat at wrigley field in my opinion. so hopefully you get drunk and have a great time at the game anyway.
 
Sorry about the knee. Wrigley is a great stadium and no matter where you are the fans, beer and junk food make it a great game. HAVE FUN! - Darryn
 
Hope the knee gets better soon.
Sorry the Cubs lost today - hope you still had fun.
 
We never made it to the game.  Security at Wrigley said that some of our tickets had already been used, so they wouldn't let us in.  We'll certainly be having words with the guy at work who sold them to us.

But it was still a fun day.  We still got to watch the Cubs get their asses handed to them at several bars around town.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?