Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

Running in the Dark

 
Pushed my mid-week long run up to Tuesday night, since I'll only have time for a shorter run tonight.  The Gumballhead Running Group took this week off (so Jay could learn how to convert his 10 speed bike to single speed), so I was on my own.  Lazy, tired, I didn't get started until after 9PM.

My part of town is weird when it comes to public lighting.  The alleyways are all super-brightly lit, to the extent that the alley behind my building appears to be in permanent daylight.  But the streets and the lakefront running path north of Irving Park are pretty dark.  I myself don't mind the darkness, but it makes for an odd running experience.  (And as Justyna pointed out last week, it's easy to twist your ankle when you can't see where you are going.)

Distance: 7.5 miles
Pace: 9:46/mile
I had wanted to do a full 8 miles but I got hungry.




Comments:
Food always takes priority in my book.
 
Yep...hunger wins
 
Didn't you fuel before you ran or bring gels with you? I would have prevented it by making sure I was fed and had supplies ready to go.

Nice run!
 
Good advice, Firefly.  I should really get to the store for some gels.
 
Hunger pains huh? Were they that bad?
 
No, not so bad.  But you know how it is when you're running by yourself, right?  Your mind starts to trick you into compromising your will power.

At least that's what happens to me.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?