Sunday, August 27, 2006

 

15 miles

 
I ran 15 miles this morning.  Here's the mile-by-mile breakdown:

Miles 0-6:  Oh, my god, I can't do this.  Why did I drink so much beer this weekend?

Mile 6-8:  Visits from the Shin Splint Fairy.

Mile 9:  As we turned around at Ohio Street I had the most intense attack of "runner's high" ever.  I felt like I could do anything!  "I'm going to run the advanced distance today!" I loudly proclaimed to anyone who would listen.

Mile 11:  Complete failure of left knee.  One of the other runners in my pace group asks if I'll be able to finish.  No problem, I respond, I have another knee to spare.

Mile 13:  Partial failure of right knee.  Runner's high is now just a memory.  I manage to stay with my pace group by thinking about pizza.

Mile 15 (finish):  Ow, my fucking knees, crap, ow.

Total Distance: 15 miles
Total Time: 2 hours 36 minutes
Average Pace: 9:36/mile


My left knee still hurts, though the Tylenol 800 is helping.

And I did have that pizza after all.




Comments:
Congrats, you did great. Very impressed with the time!
 
Thinking about pizza has, more than once, helped me finish a run. Though my latest has been chocolate-dipped donuts.
 
nice job getting through it. i always think about what's at the end of a run to get through it. Ok just a few more miles and then ounces and ounces of gatoratde!
 
Nice work, albeit difficult...I'll just assume you iced the knees also.

Pizza (the 8th wonder of the world) is an incredible motivator.
 
Nice job on the run. Pizza, pizza!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?