Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

Run with me

 

My life never does quite seem simple or predictable.  But at least now that I'm mostly settled in to my new home I can at last develop something of a running routine.





Here I am after completing a 4.6 mile run last night from home to North Avenue Beach.







My tentative weekly running schedule:

Monday:  Day Off (or makeup day)

Tuesday:  "Gumballhead Runners"
   - meet downtown around 6:30PM
   - distance: 4-6 miles
   - pace: individual paces 8:30-11:00/mile
   - beer intervals: Twisted Spoke rooftop (Grand & Ogden)

Wednesday: : medium run: 4-8 miles

Thursday:  Cross-Training (or Wednesday makeup)

Friday: : short run: 2-4 miles

Saturday:  CARA Marathon Training Program, group run

Sunday:  recovery run: 2-4 miles, slow paced



Would anyone care to join me for my Wednesday evening, Friday evening, or Sunday runs?  I typically run along the lakefront, but am willing to travel short distances within the city.  I could always use the company.  (I typically run at a pace of 9:30-10:00, but I'm willing to go as slow as 12:00/mile.)

If interested, post a comment.

(By the way, the Tuesday night "Gumballhead Running Group" is also accepting new members who meet our strict requirements: ability to run 5 miles, argue about beer, and tolerate spicy food.)

See you out on the path.




Comments:
Can't join up for the midweek runs, but just wanted to say I'm pretty sure I saw you during your CARA run last Saturday. I'm with the Roadrunners and I think we passed each other like two marathoners in the night.
 
I have a good friend in that program.  What pace group are you in?

Give a shout out if you see me again.  I'm the only bald red-headed runner guy around.
 
So...the makeup which you wear on Mondays is different from the makeup which you wear on Wednesdays? Runners are confusing!
 
If Sunday is your slow day, maybe that would be a good day for me to start running with you?

Next two Sundays are probably out, since we're travelling.
 
Karnerblue, I'm sorry I haven't called yet to setup our training dates.  Since you'll be traveling (and I also have some things going on) let's setup some non-regular dates for now.  Let's talk on the phone in the next few days and set something up.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?