Monday, July 24, 2006

 

Argyle Street 60640

 
I just realized that it's been a while since I last posted to my blog.  So here's an update.


It's been a little more than a week since I moved to Argyle Street.  The apartment is smaller than the one I wanted, but the rent is cheper and it's still a terrific building.

And what a location!  From the aroma of phở that hits you when you get off the train to the extreme friendliness of the locals, I just can't say enough good things about my neighborhood.  But I'll give it a try:


My apartment is still a mess as I struggle to unpack into a very small space, but I'm making progress.  Just yesterday I went out and purchased various glassware for my wine bar.  By tonight I hope to setup my TV/stereo and put my computer together (assuming my new desk and monitor arrive).

Sadie is adjusting well to the new routine and seems to like the new apartment.  She get a little lonely when I'm gone so I try to make it up to her with extra attention when I get home from work.  We take long walks together 4 times a day, and she already has her favorite places to sniff and pee.  Unlike in South Shore, no one around here is afraid of pugs.

Getting settled in has helped me restart my marathon training.  Last Thursday I hit the road hard with 6 miles.  Saturday I pulled off 10 miles, though my unprepared knees still feel a bit like jelly.  Last night Jay and I did a 3 mile recovery run.  Then we did beer intervals.

...

I'm having trouble wrapping up this blog post because I keep getting interrupted by work.  How dare these people actually expect me to be productive.  On a Monday morning.  I don't think so.




Comments:
Can't wait to see the new pad! Looking forward to all the different cuisines! I especially look forward to finding new bloody mary establishments!!
 
Congrats on the new place.
And, you have a pug! I love pugs - my dad has my pug and now I have a basset hound/beagle dog that I love because Romeo had to stay in St. Louis.
 
I can't believe people in your old neighborhood were afraid of your pugs. That's insane!

Looking forward to seeing your place!
 
I love Argyle Street and Uptown in general.

Hey, is that little used book store still there down at Lawrence - a few doors up from the Green Mill? I loved that place, too.
 
Glad you're getting settled in! Did you make the last CRU get-together. Unfortunatley, I couldn't make it.

Hope you're enjoying your Saturday evening!
 
No tmt, I didn't make it. :(

I was feeling overstimulated and anti-social two Sundays ago, so I stuck close to home and did a short run in the park with my buddy Jay.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?