Tuesday, June 06, 2006

 

Tapering Off

 

I've been shortening my runs lately as I taper off in preparation for the North Shore Half Marathon this Sunday.  I have one more short run this week and then I'm going to take it easy for a couple of days.

Last night I had a pleasant run through Lincoln Park with Jay.  I averaged a comfortable 9:24/mile pace and didn't hurt at all the next day.  Short runs like this really make me appreciate how far I've come since I started running in the spring.  My breathing is easy now, my stride consistent, and my posture correct.  Distances don't frighten me anymore and I'm starting to pick up speed.

I'm excited about this weekend's race.  Shea will also be running and I believe we will both set new PR's.




Comments:
Good Luck, you will do great!! Let me know who all is going to watch you and I will hook up with them at the race.. I am extremely proud of your accomplishment!! You are a true ROCK STAR!
 
Good luck on your race this weekend.
 
Thanks, Jeanne & Michelle!

I'm try excited about this weekend.
 
You should add tri training to your workout plan, it is fun. Then when you do your first tri of the season you too can have a summer b-day!!!!
 
I was just thinking today about training for a triathalon, maybe next year.  Lately, though, I've been too busy running to make it to the gym at all and practice my swimming.
 
Good Luck this weekend. I am sure you will do great.

Darryn
 
Thanks, Darryn!

Last I recall, you are dualathalon training, right?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?