Thursday, June 15, 2006

 

Running/Consumer Stats

 





Here are my latest personal stats..



Number of recent expensive gadget purchases:2
Checking Account Balance:$0
Half Marathon Pace:9:19/mile
Leg Muscles:still a little tender




So it seems I can run a little bit faster than I thought I could, but only if I allow myself several days to heal.  I'm going to finaly get out tonight for a recovery run.

Meanwhile I've been engaging in some healing consumer therapy.  I'm going to need every last overtime dollar to pay for my recent indulgent purchases, though I can't say I have buyer's regret.  I got some good deals on things I wanted.

My new SanDisk Sansa e270 mp3 player arrived in the mail yesterday and I am thrilled with my "iPod killer."

Geek info: 6GB flash memory, mp3/wma music ("plays-for-sure" compatable, screw you iTunes), color screen, video playback, FM radio, music/voice recorder

I can't help but brag about my new mp3 player, because it will be the last major consumer purchase I will be able to afford for quite a while.  The huge 6GB memory can accomodate a marathon's worth of tunes, which may force me to finaly decide just what kind of music I like anyway.

I'm thinking about maybe Tom Waits for tonight's recovery run.




Comments:
Nice! Let me know how you like the new toys! :)

and correct me if I'm wrong, but are you a Pug lover?!? We have a fabulously devious black pug always looking for more four legged friends.
 
Yeah, RJ, it's true, I dig the wrinkly pooches.  I suppose the "pugpaw.com" domain name gave it away. :-)

I've got three little buggers: Sadie, Breeze, and Holly.  Their photos are online at: http://pugpaw.com/Pugs.

We should have a greet-n-sniff at the dog park.
 
Hiiiiiiiiiiiii,
Long time no see (or hear or blog...)

Sounds like some pretty sweet purchases. You definitely need to let me know how the music player goes. Lets face it I love Macs but I love parity and iPods are to players as Widows is to PCs.

I also finally have our family website almost up

we are
www.steptonia.com
blogs.steptonia.com/antonia
blogs.steptonia.com/styven

btw if you have not seen
http://www.usatf.org/routes
it is seriously one of the k3wlest mashups I have seen. Cathy, one of my running friends showed it to me. If you switch to hybrid mode... you can even trach your route across parking lots and through alleys. Anyway, if you have not seen it you should really check it out.
 
Hey there,

A little while back I blogged about this post on ThisNext.com (check it out at http://blog.thisnext.com/blog/bring-on-the-ipod-killer.html).ThisNext just started a month-long private beta and I’d love to extend to you an invitation to come use the site and make a list (we call it a shopcast) of your favorite products.

Clicking this link will get you into your account: http://www.thisnext.com/invitation/9154-1256-2307. It’s a one-time URL that’s only for you so it can’t be shared. The bottom of every page has a place for your comments… We’d love to know what you think!

Our shopcasting network is a place where people can recommend and discover great products and is built based on our philosophy, “Buy better to live better.” Shopcasts are lists of “favorites” that tell stories about how you do things and what you use. We want people to be able to answer online a question they ask all the time in the real world, “What do you use?”

We consider ourselves a layer in a blogger’s virtual identity:
-A way to keep products about which you’ve posted from getting buried
-A way to attract traffic by syndicating your voice to a large audience.
-In a few weeks, we’ll have finished a badge bloggers can run that plays shopcasts.

One small favor: We’re asking the bloggers that we invite to please NOT post about the project until our public launch in August. We’ll let you know when… We deeply appreciate being able to develop the most usable site we can before presenting it to the world.

Hope to see you around the ThisNext shopcasting neighborhood… please let us know how the site’s working for you… We’re still working on it!

Thanks,
Liz

P.S. Don’t hesitate to email me any questions! (lizbarker77@gmail.com)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?