Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 

News In Brief

 

Here are the headlines:

1)  Worst concert ever = "Then Again" at Joe's Bar.  Horrible frathouse music.  Let us never speak of it again.

2)  Condo = sold!

3)  Josh's new personal distance record = 12.5 miles!

The first 9 miles yesterday was a solo run from my apartment to the Shedd Acquarium downtown, where I was joined by Jay, Manh, and Sergio for my final 3 1/2 miles.  The whole run wasn't as much of an effort as I thought it would be, but my knees were dead aftewards.

Here is a picture of me at Navy Pier, waiting for Jay to pick me up and drive us to Twisted Spoke for my usual post-run bloody mary and buffalo chicken sandwich.  Manh wanted to walk around a bit, but I was generally unable to move.

This Thursday is the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge, when all of Chicago's most oppressive corporations field teams of runners/walkers wearing identical t-shirts.  I'll be there with Jay and Sergio, but we wont be wearing our company facist shirts.

Look for us in the JP Morgan tent wearing our Gumballhead the Cat t-shirts, smoking cigars after the race.




--
Advertisement:

Do you enjoy running and drinking and complaining about your job?  So do we!  Come join us most Tuesday nights at the Shedd Acquarium for our Gumballhead the Cat Running Club.*  Here are the details:

pace: 10:00 and gaining

distance: 6 miles and growing

Membership Requirements:

Upcoming Clinics:
  • Jay's Beer Clinic
  • Josh's Bloody Mary Tasting
  • Sergio's Run-For-the-Alter

Interested parties should e-mail gumballhead@pugpaw.com, or just look for us running northbound on the path, talking shit.




* no affiliation with the publishers of Gumballhead, Skingraft Records, or any other corporation (especially JP Morgan Chase Bank, member FDIC)




Comments:
hahaha!!! I love (!) the post race bloody mary! that's excellent and a perfect post run recovery drink. nicely done on the 12.5 miles. Jason and I'll will have to join you on some tuesday. I think we fit the reqs :-)
 
Sold. Wow!

Also, you are my new hero. Don't tell Shea.
 
Kathleen, nothing says hero worship like making me one of those drinks you blogged about when you are up here this weekend.
 
Yay on the condo sale! That didn't take too long, did it?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?