Monday, May 15, 2006

 

Available 24 hours for your convenience

 

Today was a first for me: over the course of one business day I worked portions of 3rd, 1st, and 2nd shifts.  My day felt like one long time lapse photograph, like I was watching three distinct sets of people come and go and sit in different desks.  At a 24 hour facility such as where I work there is no one moment when people come and go; it happens gradually.

I think I'm too tired to write this blog entry.  But I'm also too tired to sleep.

For various reaons over the past few days (scheduling, loud neighbors, sick puppy) I haven't gotten to sleep much.  But tonight Holly is medicated and snoozing softly in the next room, and there are no other noises or distractons to keep me up.

Only now that I can sleep, just how do I go about it?




Comments:
oooh i feel those crazy hours! I am here at work now and have been here since 4:30 pm. I am not a fan of this midnight-8am schedule, because I never really know what day it is...when i wake up and it's 6pm or whatever, it just makes my system go crazy! good luck getting to sleep as I also know how that goes....your brain is so tired but usually i am so pumped full of coffee and sour patch kids that my body is like, "no you must do more!"
 
Now I really have to meet you two, as it seems we have more than just running in common.

I don't know many people who work at night and my daytime friends just don't get it.

They think that sleep is something you do 8 hours in a row.
 
Hope Holly feels better soon! (And let us know how that sleep thing works out for you.)
 
Maybe I should give you an English lesson? It seems to put all my students right to sleep...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?