Monday, April 03, 2006

 

Shamrock Shuffle

 
Yesterday I participated in the Shamrock Shuffle, the first event of the Chicago summer running season, and my first ever outdoor competition.

There were about 25,000 of us with nothing better to do than get excited about running around the Loop on a cold, wet morning.  Thousands of spectators were on hand to get excited about our excitement.  There was much shouting of encouragement; the psychic energy projected from all directions as I crossed the starting line was something I had never before experienced.

I think I may just be hooked.

My official finish time was 0:45:51, placing me 8179 out of 20,408 finishers.  It's a better time than I expected, and is the fastest I've ever run indoors or out.

This week I will begin training for the Northshore Half Marathon by running with Jay on Wednesday and with CARA on Saturday morning.


--

UPDATE:  I forgot to mention one important detail...


My participation in the 2006 LaSalle Bank Shamrock Shuffle was dedicated to my friends Kathleen and Shea on the occasion of their wedding anniversary.  Their love for each other has positively influced my life.  They are the world's greatest married couple.  Kathleen & Shea, I ran for you.

tags: , , , , , , ,




Comments:
Congrats on the Shuffle! I also ran it this year, my second year attending this event. It's just such a fun way to start the Chicago running season. I have a full race report of my race at http://jasonleahrun.blogspot.com. I am always looking for other Chicago runners so I was excited to come across your blog! congrats again.
 
Rock on Josh! I'm looking forward to running Northshore with you
 
Thanks, LeahC!  I'll look for you and Jason out on the running path this summer.

Shea & Justyna, I can't wait to run with each of you.  I will do my best to match each of your paces.
 
Josh-

We are on that path almost every day! We'll keep our eyes out for you.
 
Aww - thanks for the dedication!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?