Friday, April 14, 2006

 

Grandma's Thoughts on Dieting

Celebrated Passover Sedar at my Mom's house with my mother and her partner Jim, Justyna, and my grandma Gert.

For those of you unfamiliar with Judaism, Passover is the annual feast when we thank God for freeing the Hebrew slaves from Egypt by eating and drinking way, way too much.  Given my own recent overconsumption as my body fat percentage continues to drop (now at 12% and falling), an evening of tender brisket and cheap sweet wine was soemthing I was greatly looking forward to.

The annual Passover combination of food and family has nurtured a tradition of my grandmother retelling the same anecdote about her father:  Many years ago grandma (then a young woman) and several other ladies were discussing their weight loss efforts at a family gathering.  This prompted my great-grandfather to chime in, "How soon until you weigh nothing?"




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?