Monday, March 20, 2006

 

Happy Spring! Now let's get active the geeky way.

 
Happy Spring, everybody!

Now that the days are getting longer and the weather is getting nicer (even in Chicago) what do you say we all go outside and play?

As you may have noticed from my prior posts, I've been running lately.  My pace is very slow, but at least I can run 5 miles without wanting to throw up.  (That's a big improvement over my college distance record of about 4 blocks.)  I've also dusted off my bicycle and am looking forward to a thrilling summer of playing chicken with downtown delivery trucks.

Of course if you enjoy biking/running/walking/crawling, and you are a total geek like me, the real fun begins with mapping your route.  This is the point where I mention my favorite webiste in the whole world: Gmaps Pedometer.

Gmaps Pedometer is a Google hack of Google's popular map site.



I've been playing around with this site for a long time; it's a lot of fun to zoom in on satellite images of friends' houses.  Now I get even more use out of it by tracking the distance of my runs and rides.

For example, here is the route I will bike to work as the weather gets warmer.

tags: , , , , , ,




Comments:
Dude that is such a kewl site... I am going to forward it to Antonia : ^)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?