Wednesday, March 08, 2006

 

Begin my summer of running

 


Ran 8K (5 miles) for the first time today, and without stopping to walk.  My time was 56:44.

I needed to do this to prove to myself that I am ready for the Shamrock Shuffle and that I can handle CARA's training program for the North Shore Half Marathon.

My summer of running is now underway.

Also, inspired by Shea and his "strategic vegetarian diet" I am adopting a "tactical vegetarian diet," wherein I limit abstain from meat consumption Wednesday-Friday of each week so my system is relatively clear for weekend races and practice runs.




Comments:
Congrats, you can do it. I am soo excited, it will be so much fun. Running outside in a group for the long runs will be easy..
 
Wow, I'm interested to know how this all turns out.

I've started drinking Soy milk as an extra protien source to supplement my near meat-free diet. It actually tastes good and hopefully is doing the trick.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?