Saturday, February 25, 2006

 

Mixed News

 

Well, I had hoped that this post would be nothing but good news.  But actually the news is mixed.



Let's start with the bad...


I sat for my final Microsoft exam for my MCSE/MCDBA this morning and failed.




I walked into the testing room this morning confident I would pass, but I knew within the first dozen questions that I was insufficiently prepared.


I'll just have to do better when I retake the test next month.



Now for the good news...


I am pleased to officially announce that after 3 1/2 months of dieting, I have lost 27 pounds and have reached my weight goal.





Justyna's positive example, along with a reduced calorie diet and moderate exercise, made getting in shape a mostly easy experience.  Having experimented with several diets in the past (also due to Justyna) I have to give props to Weight Watchers for having the most workable weight-loss philosophy:  eat less (and assign a point value to everything you eat), exercise, and most especially, document everything you do.


Regretfully, I don't have any cool before and after photos.  Those of you who haven't seen the new me yet will just have to be surprised.


I hope to be in even better physical condition by the time I finaly pass my exam.  My goal for this summer is to become a certified geek *and* also look good in a tank top.




Comments:
I am sorry to hear that you didn't pass your MCSE exam this time. Take heart; you will kick that exam's ass next month!

Congrats on reaching your goal weight. Can't wait to see your certified-geeky self rockin' the tank tops (actually, we'd love to see you sooner - it's no where near tank top weather yet, and we don't want to wait until July to see you!).
 
Sorry to hear re: MSCE....congrats on reaching goal - I'll come up this summer and we'll hang out on the beach :)
 
Congrats on the weight loss, you have to do some runs with me this summer. You can do the runs in tank tops!!! Sorry about the MSCE, a little studying will do wonders for you. You already know that if you put your mind to it, you can do it!! Good luck on the next exam.
 
Holy shit! You went from weighing 15 lbs more than me to weighing 10 lbs less-wow!
 
27lbs?? That's great, man. Congrats on being able to do that whole food diary thing. I would stick to that for, oh, 2 meals - on different days two weeks apart.

I have no worry that you won't be able to pass that test next time.

I start real estate school march 13. Won't be as hard as MCSE, but I still have to pass!
 
Thanks for being so supportive, everybody!
 
Hi,

I found your blog via Justyna's. Just wanted to say congrats for loosing so much weight! Thats really really excellent.

Good luck on the test next month, too!

Angie
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?