Sunday, November 27, 2005

 

Saturday Night at the Map Room

 


Here's a picture of Jay and I, taken around 5PM yesterday.



We had just arrived at the Map Room hoping to participate in the evening's beer class, only to be told that they had already sold out.  Jay was pretty pissed about this because he had already tried to call ahead for reservations.



We consoled ourselves by exploring the world of beer on our own, starting with one of Jay's favorites, Delirium Tremens.  This beer really does taste great and I recommend it for anyone other than me.

It all started innocently enough, as we moved on to Chimay Blue and I reassured Jay, "To hell with these people."  Stuffing BBQ ribs into my gullet, I continued, "We can start our own beer school."

Just one more round after that, right before I got us kicked out, I learned a lesson I should have long ago:



So, that's it.  Whiskey or wine for me from now on.

(I'll start with the Granache I forgot in the back of Jay's car.)




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?