Tuesday, October 18, 2005

 

the Hoarse Whisper

My department of about 30 people provides operational support to the hundreds who work on my project.  But at night I have only one co-worker.

Her english skills are not so good and our boss has insisted that she make improvements.  So every night around this time Wei sits at her desk, headphones on, working on her english program.  Not wanting to disturb me or be seen by anyone out on the production floor as talking to herself, Wei whispers her way through her exercises.

Some moments it is very surreal, when all I can hear around me is the air rushing through the ventillation system and the sound of a continuous whisper that seems to be coming from all around me.




Comments:
That is beautiful. I can actually imagine how surreal that is.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?