Sunday, July 03, 2005

 

St. Louis & Champaign (5 of 6)

While Jim and Dan went out to pick up some essentials from Home Depot, Justyna and I went out for breakfast and then visited the Missouri Botanical Garden.  This was the best botanical garden that either of us had ever visited and was the highlight of our visit to St. Louis.  (I'll post photos as soon as I upload from our camera.)


When we returned to Jim & Dan's house we found that two of our dogs had escaped and spent up to two hours outside in 100 degree heat.  It didn't take long to find Sadie & Breeze because they were also looking for us, but poor Sadie was pretty shaken up and wasn't fully recovered until the next day.


By afternoon it was time to move on.  So we loaded up the pugs and drove east over the Mississippi River back to Illinois.  Here is a picture of Justyna and Sadie enjoying the comfort of our car's A/C.





Comments:
How was the car ride? Hope you are having a great 4th of July weekend. Get home safely! Watch fireworks for me... Thanks, Jeanne
 
Glad you enjoyed the Missouri Botanical Gardens. I think they might be even better than the Chicago Botanc Gardens (tho I may be biased, since I am a native St. Louisan). They are pretty awesome - especially considering the size of St. Louis!
 
Justyna and I agree with you. The MBG has the CBG beat because it is simply more fun. The CBG is such a stuffy atmosphere, perhaps due to it's North Shore location.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?