Wednesday, June 15, 2005

 

Westlake, Ohio (Day 3)

Just got home from a night on the town with fellow classmates, courtesy of Hyland Software, makers of OnBase: America's favorite workflow/document management software package.

First stop was the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.


We were given two hours, but for me it was nowhere near enough time. The exhibits were wonderfully engaging and I could have easily stayed until closing. But it was time for dinner and beer. I managed to hop back on the tour bus just as it was about to pull out.

Now it was time for Rock Bottom Brewery.


I'm going to keep the description short because I am a little drunk and full and tired and the bus ride back was excrutiatingly long because the driver kept making wrong turns.

Beer = good. I had some kind of pale ale with a lemon in it and then a dark porter.

Steak = good. "Texas Fire" steak with spicy rub topped with jalepeno butter.

I would post food photos, like Shea does on his blog, but all I had with me was my crappy camera phone and it just didn't work out.

For desert I ordered the largest slice of carrot cake I had ever seen. It's actually made with "a whisper of" beer, and they also make their own caramel sauce. I tried to get my comrades to share with me, but they just laughed. Didn't even finish half of it. So I guess I'll be having steak & cake for breakfast tomorrow.

Good night, dear readers.




Comments:
mmmmm... Steak and Cake!
Now that sounds like the breakfast of champions. Glad to hear that you are having a good time : ^)
 
Yummmmmm...steak and cake....

No beer with your breakfast?
 
Postscript: It took me two days to finish the steak. Oh, and the cake, dispite all I ate last night and the help of three classmates, and in spite of all I tried to eat tonight, went unfinished.

Justyna, Congratulations on being Cambodia. I'm glad we are countries next to one another!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?