Thursday, June 30, 2005

 

Sleeping Sitting Up



I've finaly gotten good at sleeping sitting up at work.  This is not easy, but is necessary if I want to get any nightime shut-eye since there are at least 4 cameras pointed at my desk and plenty of weasels that would enjoy nothing more than turning me in at the first sight of my head down on the desk.

Here are my secrets to sleeping sitting up:

1) Lower your desk chair to lowest possible height
2) Allow chair back to recline
3) Extend legs forward so that knees are bent at less than a 10 degree angle
4) Lean back about 20 degrees, maintaining lower-back center of gravity
5) Focus on the computer monitor in front of you and allow yourself to slowly zone out (be sure to leave something business-related on the screen).

Two nights ago I managed to get an entire hour of deep sleep while sitting straight up, and was only awakened by someone running up behind me yelling, "Raymond, Raymond!"  (It was a moron 1st shift worker confusing me for one of my daytime co-workers.)




Comments:
Good tips! Unfortunately, I won't be able to use these at the library, since I face the patrons. Sigh.
 
I don't think I have ever laughed so loud. This is great. Too bad you weren't still in college having to give a speech..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?