Friday, February 11, 2005

 

First Week at the New Job


Just completed the first week at my new job. I'm a Production Flow Analyst for a little known part of the IT group of the Remittance & Image Processing unit at JP Morgan Chase. I provide techincal support to a group that performs paperwork processing and provides lockbox services to the Department of Homeland Security.



It's nice having a new job, but my hours this week (noon to 8:00PM) have been a bit of an adjustment, because my daily eight hours this week covered the busiest times of both the first and second shift. I had to work these weird hours in order to get trained. Next week will be easier, but soon after that I'll be transitioning to my permanent shift of midnight to 8:00AM, which will certainly be a bigger adjustment.





Comments:
Okay, are you even *allowed* to tell us about your new job, being that it is part of Homeland Security? Or is it that you just can't tell us where you keep the keys?
 
Yana, I don't even know how to begin to describe this place.

But I'll tell you where I keep my key. It's on my keyboard tray under my desk. If you can past the jailhouse-like security, and if you can find my desk, you can have my key. (All it does is open my desk, though.)
 
And all I keep in my desk are office supplies and my lunchbox.
 
Hello Josh,
Do you mind me asking which floor JPMorgan is on?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?