Thursday, February 03, 2005

 

Elgin, Part 2 (Return of the Contractor)

It was as much a surprise to me as anyone else that I was invited back to the same project I was supposedly kicked off from a couple of days previously.

So this is how I'm ending nearly a year of on-and-off contracting for Bank One: out in Elgin.

By the way, to those of you who think I'm exaggerating, here is photographic proof that rural America begins just beyond the Bank One parking lot:



Here's a picture of me and Reggie eating breakfast in the cafeteria, as taken through the reflection of the skylight. That's me center-right.



I was out there yesterday and today, and will finish my Tek Systems carear (for now) in Elgin tomorrow. There will be no ceremony as I turn my laptop in to some technician I don't know. On Monday I begin my new, permanent job with the bank, and with it a whole new adventure.

By the way, anyone reading this blog who worked on the Switch Project will be amused to know that I'm spending my last day as a contractor conducting Client Interviews. It never ends.





Comments:
Oh, for god's sake, just get a normal job! I can't keep track any longer. And how am I ever supposed to visit when you have such weird hours?!
 
I'll be working nights soon. So you can come up to Chicago and meet me for lunch some night at 3:30AM.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?