Thursday, January 27, 2005

 

Elgin, Day 1

Bank One, Elgin Illinois

Today was day 1 of my temporary sojurn in beautiful Elgin, Illinois (motto: "It's not the end of the world, but... oh, who are we kidding it is the end of the world.").

The bank has moved up the start date of my new, permanent job downtown from February 14 to February 7, but that wasn't enough to keep me from having to spend a week and a day playing for the farm team.







Here I am at the workspace I've carved out for myself in the training room currently serving as impromptu lab space. Space is at a premium here, which I find amusing given that the far suburbs give way to empty farmland just beyond the edge of the building. If I look unhappy in this photo, it's because I unexpectedly had to deal with a bit of beaureaucracy left over from my previous project. (Hey, there's a good corporate motto: "...just a bit of bureaucracy."

Cheering me up was a call I got from my future boss welcoming me aboard and arranging the details of my first day a week from Monday. That call came just when I needed it, when I was really feeling the contractor blues.









Comments:
I found your blog! Well, I found it thanks to a mention in Brandy's blog. Congrats on the job!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?